- You can block text messages on your iPhone from any number that you don’t want sending you messages.
- Blocked numbers will still be able to text you on their end, but you won’t receive their messages or calls.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There’s nothing worse than receiving unwanted text messages. Whether they’re from businesses spamming you with “special offers” or an ex who just refuses to give you space and move on, it’s tiresome and obnoxious to continually see these messages pouring in.
Thankfully, the iPhone allows you to block text messages from any number on your device in a few simple steps.
You can block contacts already stored in your phone from contacting you or block unknown numbers not stored on your device. When blocked, the owner of that phone number won’t be able to text or call you, though they won’t be informed that they have been blocked.
Here’s how to block messages on your iPhone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block text messages on your iPhone
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Open the text message from the number or contact you wish you block.
3. Tap the number or contact at the top of the message, then click the small info button.
4. On the Details screen, tap the right facing arrow next to the name, phone number, or address which texted you.
5. Tap “Block this Caller.”
6. From the pop-up that appears, tap “Block Contact” again to confirm.
How to unblock a number on your iPhone
1. Note, that you can see and edit your blocked contacts at any time by opening the Settings app from your iPhone’s home screen, then tapping Messages.
2. Next, tap “Blocked Contacts” under the SMS/MMS section.
3. You can remove a contact or number from the blocked list by swiping left, then tapping “Unblock.”
- embed type