- You can block emails on iCloud using an inbox “Rule.”
- When you block an email address on iCloud, any email you receive from that address will be automatically moved to your Trash folder.
- To block emails, you’ll need to use the iCloud website – you can’t use the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If your iCloud inbox is being spammed with messages from a particular sender, you can block all messages from that email address. This can come in handy for dealing with a newsletter you can’t seem to unsubscribe from, for example.
The only downside: You can’t set up email blocks in the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad; you need to do it in a web browser on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block emails on iCloud
1 Open iCloud’s website in a browser and log in with your Apple ID.
2. Click “Mail.”
3. At the bottom left of the Mail screen, click the Settings icon, which is shaped like a gear, and then click “Rules…” from the pop-up menu.
4. In the Rules tab, click “Add a Rule…”
5. In the “If a message” section at the top of the dialog box, choose “is from” and then enter the email address you want to block.
6. In the “Then” section at the bottom of the dialog box, choose “Move to Trash” and click “Done.”
7. Click “Done” at the bottom of the Settings dialog box.
Now any new emails from that email address will automatically go to the trash, so you won’t need to see them in the inbox again.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.