- You can ask for song recommendations from your Instagram followers through the questions sticker on Instagram stories.
- It’s simple to customise the question to get more tailored music suggestions.
- You’ll be able to view the responses and play the recommended songs within the Instagram app.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more Stories.
Whether you’re looking for new workout tunes or your friends’ favourite guilty pleasure songs, it’s simple to ask for music recommendations on Instagram.
Instagram makes it easy to receive recommendations through its questions sticker feature on Instagram stories. Here’s how to do it on both iPhone and Android devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to ask for a song recommendation on Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Tap the camera icon in the upper left-hand corner to open Story mode.
3. Take a photo or video by pressing the white capture button located at bottom of the screen. You can also tap the small square in the lower left-hand corner to upload a photo or video you’ve already saved.
4. Once your background is set, tap the square smiley face icon in the top menu bar.
5. Scroll down and tap the “Questions” option.
6. In the “Ask me a question” feature, select the music icon just above the keyboard to the right of the text icon. The question will now appear as “What song should I listen to?”
7. If needed, tap the circular colour palette at the top of your Story screen to change the colour of the question box.
8. Tap “Done” in the upper-right hand corner.
9. Once back on the story draft, place the sticker wherever you’d like on your Story. You can also resize the question box using two fingers.
10. Tap “Your Story,” “Close Friends”, or “Send To” icon to share the story with your followers.
Responses can be found in (and shared from) the Activity tab, or by swiping up when viewing your own story. You can play the songs your followers sent and share their song audio on your story if you choose to.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.