- You can ask a question on Instagram using the Story feature to receive feedback or recommendations from your followers.
- It’s easy to ask a question with InstagramStories, and it could be a helpful way to get tips while travelling, or find out what people think about something.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Instagram is consistently updating the features available on Stories.
In 2018, the company introduced “Questions” – a question and answer element where the user can ask followers questions, or for recommendations, or vice versa. But beware: it’s not anonymous.
The feature is easy to use, and can come in handy if you are looking for things to do in a new city or just want to get the opinions of your followers.
How to ask a question on InstagramStories
1. First, launch Instagram from your device.
2. In the upper left-hand corner above “Your Story” is a camera icon. Click on it.
3. Take a photo or upload a photo from your camera roll by swiping up and selecting.
4. After you’ve taken or selected a photo, tap the icon that looks like a square smiley face – this will take you to all the features you can use within Instagram Stories.
5. Next, find “Questions” in the available options.
6. Type in a question to ask your followers by tapping the text field that says “Ask me a question” – this is the default. You can also ask for music suggestions by tapping on the music icon near the bottom next to “Aa.”
7. Once you are satisfied with the question you’ve posed, add it to your story by tapping “Your Story” at the bottom left.
You can view the responses to your question in two places. First, you can go to your Instagram story and swipe up to see who viewed your question and who answered it. Or you can find responses listed in your notification list, accessible by tapping the heart icon from the bottom menu.