- Obtaining an MBA involves a considerable investment of time and money – but the payout can be worth it.
- If you’re trying to decide if now is a good time to apply to business school, or if you’re weighing the pros and cons of even applying in the first place, or if you’re not sure how to create a stellar application, we’ve got you covered.
- Here you’ll find links to Business Insider’s extensive coverage of business school programs. You can read it all by subscribing to BI Prime.
Business school applications are declining as a whole, but salary numbers remain strong. If you’re thinking about business school in any capacity, the following list of Business Insider articles will help you navigate that journey:
Weighing the pros and cons of going to business school
- The ultimate guide to whether you should go to business school or not, according to successful CEOs, founders, and execs who’ve had to make the choice
- Here’s how to decide when to go to business school, according to 5 graduates who went at drastically different times in their lives
- A 32-year-old CFO chose to stay at work instead of getting an MBA. Here’s how she made the decision – and why she doesn’t regret it.
- Harvard and Stanford MBA grads reveal the most important benefits they got from business school, besides their education
- 22 pieces of career advice you’re bound to get from business school, according to successful MBA graduates
- A founder who spent 6 years working at Facebook gives 3 reasons why it was a better education than an MBA – and why he’d rather hire someone with tech experience
- MBA grads of Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and more share the unique career paths they took after business school – that didn’t end in finance or consulting
- 95% of Stanford MBA students take a nonrequired course nicknamed ‘Touchy Feely.’ Here’s why alumni say it’s been voted the most popular elective for 45 years.
- 10 grads from America’s top MBA programs reveal the best advice they picked up from professors, classes, and mentors – and how those lessons led to successful careers
Applying successfully to business school
- An MBA admissions expert who’s helped students get into Stanford, Wharton, and London Business School explains exactly how to nail the personal essay
- Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, and Wharton business schools all prize the personal essay – here’s how alums say to ace it
- Here is the personal essay that got an MBA grad into the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business
- I got into Stanford Graduate School of Business. Here’s the personal essay that helped me seal the deal.
Financing your MBA
- How to ask your company to pay for your MBA – and get them to say yes
- MBA programs are boosting financial aid offerings to stay competitive. These are the top ways business schools are helping students pay their skyrocketing tuitions.
Alternatives to a full-time MBA
- Here’s what you need to know about a master’s in business analytics, a one-year program that could lead to MBA-level earnings at half the cost
- You can opt out of business school but still get the networking perks – here’s how 6 people did it
- Harvard Business School offers online classes that run parallel to its MBA program – for a fraction of the cost. 3 career-changers who took the courses explain why they don’t regret skipping out on a degree.
- You can get an online MBA on your own time. Here’s how to choose the right program for you.
- The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon has one of the top online MBA programs in the US. Here’s why – and how to get in.
- Required reading: These are the books top professors at the best business schools in the country are having their MBA students read
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.