- You can add Yahoo Mail to your iPhone by downloading the official Yahoo Mail app.
- You can also add your Yahoo Mail account to the iPhone’s default Mail app.
- Once you add your Yahoo Mail account, you can send and receive emails right from your iPhone.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
While some people log into the Yahoo Mail website through a browser to check their mail, this can be pretty inconvenient. If you have an iPhone, a better solution is to add your Yahoo Mail account to your iPhone.
It’s faster and more efficient than checking email in a web browser, and you get all the convenience of a full-feature email app that’s optimised for the iPhone’s screen.
You can do this in two easy ways – by installing the Yahoo Mail app, or by adding a Yahoo Mail account to the iPhone’s own Mail app. Here’s how to do both.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add the Yahoo Mail app to your iPhone
Yahoo offers its own Yahoo Mail app for the iPhone. You don’t need to use it, but it offers some useful features, like the ability to automatically filter your email by the type of message (such as subscriptions, receipts, travel, and unread).
If you want to give it a try, install Yahoo Mail from the App Store and then log into your Yahoo account using your username or email address and password.
To install additional Yahoo accounts, tap the menu icon at the top-left of the Yahoo Mail app and tap “Add another mailbox.” Tap Yahoo and follow the instructions to enter your username or email, followed by your password.
How to add a Yahoo Mail account to your iPhone’s built-in Mail app
You don’t need to use the Yahoo Mail app; you can also add Yahoo Mail to the iPhone’s own Mail app. This will let you read your Yahoo Mail in one unified inbox, along with all your other email accounts.
1. Launch your iPhone’s Settings app – its icon looks like a grey gear.
2. Scroll down and tap “Accounts & Passwords.”
3. Tap “Add Account.”
5. Follow the instructions to enter your username or email address, followed by your password.
Give your phone a few moments to sync with your Yahoo mailbox. Once it does, all of your mail will appear in the Mail app.
- embed type