- You can add money to your PayPal account at any time using your linked bank account.
- There are no fees when you transfer money to PayPal from your bank, and you can always send it back again.
- PayPal does not require you to keep money in your account as long as your linked bank account works, but a PayPal account with easily accessible cash can simplify and speed up payments.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re like me and a lot of people these days, PayPal handles a lot of bills for you.
However, because I’m never exactly sure when a PayPal charge is coming, I always leave a cushion of cash in the account. I also like knowing that with cash in my account I can immediately send money if I have access to a phone or computer that has access to the web.
If you want to make sure you have access to immediate funds if you ever need it, pad your PayPal account by adding some money. Here’s how.
How to add money to your PayPal account
1. Log into your PayPal account and click “Transfer Money” under your balance on the home page.
2. On the next page, click “Add money to your balance.”
3. Enter the amount of cash you wish to transfer from your bank, then hit “Add.”
4. On the next page, click “Add $ (XXX amount)” to complete the transfer.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.