- You can add a clickable link to your TikTok bio to help promote your website, a donation link, or anything else you want to showcase.
- Users with a personal account may have the option to add a hyperlink in their bio, but switching to a business account is an assured method to access the feature.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you’re using social media to help promote your business, TikTok is one of the apps you want to be using, considering its popularity.
Whether you’re starting out or already have a following, creating a business account on TikTok is simple. A business profile may be the only method that allows you to place a hyperlink within your profile page so viewers can easily access your website.
How to add a link to your bio on TikTok
Some users may already have the option to add a hyperlink to their bio on their profile page while using a personal account.
To see if you can do it, head to your profile page by selecting the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of TikTok’s homepage. Then tap Edit profile. If you see the Website option, select it to add a hyperlink of whatever you want to promote.
If you don’t see the Website option, you have to switch your personal account to a business account, which we detail below.
How to switch to a TikTok business account to add a link in your bio
1. Open TikTok.
2. Tap on Profile at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Tap on the three lines in the top-right corner.
4. This will take you to the Settings and Privacy page. Tap Manage account.
5. Tap Switch to Business Account.
6. You’ll be taken to a page that breaks down what a business account offers. Tap Next, choose a category that suits your business on the next page, and tap Next again.
7. Back on your profile page, tap Edit profile, and tap the Website to add a hyperlink to your site.