- There are two ways to add friends on Nintendo Switch: you can either send a friend request that is then accepted, or accept a request sent to you.
- In many Nintendo Switch games, adding someone as a friend is the only way to join online games with them, and voice chat with them.
- Every Switch account has a unique 12-digit Friend Code, which can be used to add the owner of that code as a friend.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Games are more fun when they’re shared with friends. Fortunately, it’s easy to link up with friends on the Switch, and once you’ve added someone as a friend, it gets even easier.
In most Nintendo Switch games, you’ll need to add someone as a friend before you can start a game specifically with them. And remember that to play games online, you’ll need to have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
You’ll add friends using your Friend Code. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add friends on a Nintendo Switch
1. Navigate to your account page by clicking on your icon at the top-left corner of the home page.
2. On your profile page, you’ll find your Friend Code under your name and next to your picture. It will start with the letters “SW.”
3. In the menu on the side, scroll down to “Add Friend” and then tap right to enter the menu.
4. Check the “Received Friend Requests” page to see if you have outstanding requests.
5. There are a few ways to send friend requests. The most obvious is, on the “Add Friend” page, to select “Search with Friend Code.” Here, you can enter in someone’s friend code, and if it’s a valid code, that person will be sent a friend request.
6. By selecting “Search for Users You Played With,” your Switch will generate a list of users who you’ve played with recently. You can view their profiles and send them requests.
7. Finally, you can select “Search for Local Users.” This will use Bluetooth to scan for nearby Nintendo Switch consoles. Once you’ve connected with someone else, you’ll both be presented with four buttons, and be asked to press the same one. Once you do, you’ll be added as friends.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.