- You can add channels to YouTube TV on top of your base subscription, which already comes with 70 channels.
- You can add nearly a dozen additional premium channels, including a sports package, Showtime, Starz, and others – though each channel will cost you extra each month.
- To add or remove these channels, go to the Membership section of the YouTube TV Settings menu.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Though they have similar names, don’t confuse YouTube with YouTube TV – the latter is a streaming television service that includes more than 70 live TV channels for $US49.99 per month.
You’ll get these 70 channels included with the base subscription price, but you can also add premium channels as well. You can do this when you start your subscription, or at any time afterwards.
Each premium channel – these include Showtime, Starz, and more – costs a little bit extra per month. The cost will be added onto your monthly YouTube TV bill.
If you’ve already set up YouTube TV, here’s how to add or remove premium channels.
How to add channels to YouTube TV, or remove them
1. Open YouTube TV in a web browser.
2. Click your account avatar in the lower-right corner of the screen. If it slides up to the top of the screen, click the avatar a second time. In the drop-down menu, click “Settings.”
3. On the left side of the Settings window, click “Membership.” You should see a list of channels.
4. Scroll down the list and look for a channel you want to add or remove. When you find the channel, click the checkbox to add or clear the check. You’ll see options like Starz and Showtime for shows and movies, or additional sports packages like NBA League Pass.
The number at the bottom will update to show how much your monthly YouTube TV bill will be after you make your changes.
5. In the pop-up screen, confirm that you want to add or remove the channels.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.