- You can easily add a birthday to your Google Calendar and keep track of your contacts’ birthdays by enabling it in your settings.
- However, you won’t get notifications for your contacts’ birthdays using this method, and have to enable notifications separately.
- Here’s how to quickly add your Google contacts’ birthdays to your Google Calendar.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Even if you’re a regular Google user, there may be a feature at your disposal that you didn’t even know about – the ability to automatically add your contacts’ birthdays to your calendar.
For those interested, here’s the quick and easy way to set it up.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add a birthday to your Google Calendar
This is a good way to keep friends’ birthdays at the top of your mind as you scroll through your Google Calendar, however you won’t receive a notification unless you create a separate event on your personal calendar and enable the notification there.
With that in mind, here’s how to enable birthdays on your calendar:
2. If you don’t already see a list of your calendars in a sidebar on the left, click the three stacked lines in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Click the arrow to the right of “My Calendars” to open the section, if it’s closed.
4. Either tick the box next to “Birthdays” or “Contacts” to enable autoloading of your Google Contacts’ birthdays.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.