- You can access the Control Centre on your iPad by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on older iPads or by swiping down to the middle from the top right corner on iPads running iOS12 or newer.
- An iPad’s Control Centre gives you quick access to some of the core features of your device, such as the camera, alarms, and Apple TV controls.
- You can customise your iPad’s Control Centre to give you the most efficient way to reach the apps and functions you use the most.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
An iPad’s Control Centre – that little collection of symbols like Aeroplane Mode, the brightness and volume settings, and quick links to favourite apps like your camera – is one of the handiest features of the device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to access the Control Centre on your iPad
Accessing the iPad’s Control Centre is easy.
Whether on the lock screen or on any unlocked screen, just swipe up from the bottom of the screen on older generation iPad devices (start with a finger right above the home button).
On iPads running iOS 12 or newer, however, you should swipe down at an angle from the top right corner of the screen.
To improve your iPad Control Centre experience, you can also take some time to customise it.
How to customise the Control Centre on your iPad
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPad.
2. Scroll down and tap “Control Centre.”
3. Tap “Customise Controls.”
4. Tap the red circles with minus symbols (-) and then tap the word “Remove” to remove features you don’t want in the Control Centre and tap green plus symbols (+) for those you would like added.
And that’s that – your iPad Control Centre is now better than ever.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.