Photo: dpstyles via Flickr
How many of Foursquare’s ~1 million users actually use service to check-in from restaurants and bars? And how often do they really use it?Foursquare awards its users “badges” for checking-in from certain places and performing certain activities.
And so, by surveying some 5,407 Foursquare users about what kind of badges they’ve received, a site called Grader came up with some answers.
- 98.59% of users checked-in at least once.
- 93.97% checked in 10 times.
- 79.2% checked in 25 times.
- 57.41% checked in 50 times.
- 77.38% checked in 30 times in a month.
- 2.04% checked in 25 times from Brooklyn.
That’s some pretty intense usage! No wonder Yahoo wanted to buy Foursquare for $125 million.
(Of course, the survey is pretty skewed, since you have to be a pretty active Foursquare user to want to take a survey about it.)
Here’s a quick run-down, forwarded to us by Matthew Kroll over at Talener Group:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.