- While receiving an award at Elle magazine’s annual Women in Hollywood event, Lady Gaga appeared to confirm her engagement when she called her agent, Christian Carino, her “fiancé” in her thank-you speech.
- As reported by Us Weekly, Lady Gaga has been wearing a pink sapphire ring since 2017.
- Gemologist and diamond expert Grant Mobley told INSIDER Gaga’s ring could have cost $US300,000.
- Though it appears to be larger, Gaga’s gem looks similar to Princess Eugenie‘s engagement ring.
- It also resembles Kate Middleton‘s engagement ring, which once belonged to Princess Diana.
Dedicated Lady Gaga fans have spent the past year speculating whether the entertainer is engaged.
After Elle magazine’s annual Women in Hollywood event, where Gaga called her agent, Christian Carino, her “fiancé” in her award-acceptance speech, it’s safe to say fans were right about her pink gem all along.
Gaga has worn the gem at just about every occasion since, most recently while attending multiple screenings of her film “A Star Is Born.”
Lady Gaga’s engagement ring could have cost up to $US300,000
Gemologist and diamond expert Grant Mobley told INSIDER that Gaga’s “timeless design” features a rare, high-quality stone and could have cost nearly $US300,000.
“The ring features what appears to be an oval, pink sapphire around six carats, surrounded by a halo of round diamonds looking to be around three carats in total,” Mobley said.
“Estimating the value of such a ring is not easy without details on the center stone, but this one looks to be of incredible quality, making it rare and probably valued at over $US300,000.”
Mobley also said Gaga’s engagement ring is “fit for music royalty,” which is perhaps a fitting statement.
Gaga’s ring looks a lot like ones worn by members of the royal family
Princess Eugenie’s ring similarly features a pink sapphire gem and is surrounded by a diamond halo.
While it’s unknown how much Princess Eugenie’s ring cost, it does appear to be a bit smaller than Gaga’s and therefore probably cost a little bit less.
Kate Middleton’s ring, which previously belonged to Princess Diana, is also of the same shape and style.
Rather than a pink gem, Middleton’s engagement ring features a blue sapphire surrounded by a 14-diamond halo. It’s also more of an oval shape than the circular rings owned by Eugenie and Gaga.
According to Mobley, the diamond-halo style that the three rings share “represents enduring love” and will “be in style for a long time to come.”
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.