- You can choose from three versions of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Windows 10 Home costs $US139 and is suited for a home computer or gaming.
- Windows 10 Pro costs $US199.99 and is suited for businesses or large enterprises.
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations costs $US309 and is meant for businesses or enterprises that need an even faster and more powerful operating system.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Home is well-suited for everyday tasks you might need a home computer to perform, as well as being a solid option for gaming. Standard communications apps such as Mail, Calendar, Photos, and Videos are included.
Windows 10 Home costs $US139. Here’s what it offers.
- Windows 10 supports a digital pen and touch support on enabled devices.
- Cortana is the Windows digital assistant. Use it to request information about weather, schedule appointments, search your computer files, and more.
- Android and iPhone devices are supported, so you can access supported mobile content from your PC.
- Device encryption is available on most modern devices.
- Firewall and network protection is built-in to help protect against malware threats, including ransomware.
- Windows Defender SmartScreen scans apps and internet content for a safer experience.
- Secure Boot prevents malware and other unauthorised programs from loading when Windows starts.
- Windows Defender Antivirus and parental controls are also available.
Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro includes all the features listed above, along with some that may be better suited for business and large enterprises. It also includes additional security and networking features.
Windows 10 Pro costs $US199.99. Here’s what else it offers.
- Dynamic provisioning allows you to easily customise a device to meet your organisation’s needs.
- Windows Update for Business offers greater control over Windows Update deployment.
- Group Policy support allows specific security and networking rules to be applied based on a user’s access group.
- A Kiosk Mode can be set up quickly and easily for kiosk use.
- Assigned Access allows network administrators to designate specific applications to run based on a user’s assigned permissions.
- Active Directory support allows IT staff to manage access to resources like files and shared printers for network users.
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a more advanced version of Windows 10 Pro, with faster data handling, more storage, and a new file system that finds and repairs faults.
This operating system is more suitable if your business or enterprise is dealing with large amounts of data and needs to store and process it quickly.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.