Photo: Dan Frommer, Business Insider
Top-notch engineers can make or break a startup.But other than equity and salary, there are several other ways to attract talented engineers to your company.
In a thread on Quora and bunch of tech industry insiders from hot VC firms and startups real how.
Here’s what they suggest:
- Give engineers something to work on that actually matters.
- Hire the best talent because that will attract other smart people. “Genius attracts genius,” Lily wrote.
- Hire a team full of nice people.
- Treat employees fairly and with respect.
- Give engineers big problems to solve.
- Give them a chance to help build a great team.
- As a company, use and work on the latest technologies.
- Encourage your engineers to contribute to open source technology.
- Convey to engineers how much you specifically want and need them.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.