- Your Snapchat Snap Score works by combining your overall activity on the app, like how many Snaps you send and receive.
- Snapchat hasn’t revealed how much each action is worth, but the best way to raise your Snap Score is by keeping up streaks.
- You can find your Snap Score on your profile page.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
With our phones playing such a vital role in our lives, it’s no surprise that people are active on Snapchat. And luckily, Snapchat rewards its most active users.
Every Snapchat user has a Snap Score, which is a number that tracks how active you are in the app. It’s easy to find, but not so easy to understand.
Here’s everything to know about Snapchat’s Snap Scores.
How do Snap Scores work?
As noted, your Snap Score is an indication of how active and how social you are on Snapchat. You can’t actually use it for anything – it’s purely cosmetic – but raising it can be fun.
Your Snap Score counts:
- How many Snaps you’ve sent and received
- How many Stories you’ve viewed and posted
- How many Discover videos you’ve watched
- How many friends you have
You’ll also get bonus points for sending Snaps to multiple people at once, and for keeping up Snapchat Streaks by sending Snaps to your friends every day.
There are probably more factors, but it’s not clear what they are. When asked for comment, Snapchat declined to provide any more information on how Snap Scores are calculated.
If you’re curious about your score or someone else’s, here’s how to find it.
How to find your Snap Score
Snap Scores are easy to find.
To find your Snap Score, open the app and tap your profile icon in the top-left corner. You’ll find your Snap Score underneath your name and avatar.
To find someone else’s Snap Score:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
2. Scroll down and tap on My Friends.
3. Tap on the icon of any friend whose Snap Score you want to see. You’ll find it below their name and avatar.