I occasionally come back to this chart, which compares some of the biggest stock market bubbles.
Here’s the latest look, which compares the Hang Seng Chinese Enterprises Index and Shanghai Composite Index (2007 peaks) with a few other classic stock market bubbles: Dow Jones Industrial Average at 1929 peak, Nikkei 225 at 1989 peak, and the Nasdaq at 2000 peak:
This article originally appeared here: Hong Kong/China Mega-Bear Market Update
Also sprach Analyst – World & China Economy, Global Finance, Real Estate
- Hong Kong/China Mega-Bear Markets Revisited
- China Mega-Bear Market Continues
- Boom And Bust: Mega-Bears In Perspective
- Stock Markets Mega-Bears? Look At Shanghai
- Chart: Mega-Bear Markets Update
- Ageing And Asset Prices: US Equities Mega-Bear Edition
- China/Hong Kong Equities Have Been Losers
- Walter Kwok: Hong Kong Property Market Is Peaking
Read more posts on Also Sprach Analyst »
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.