- A nurse at a Brazilian hospital shared the heartwarming story of one of her patients.
- The man, César, came into the emergency room at 3 a.m. for help with a preexisting health condition.
- The nurse, Cris Mamprim, and her colleagues noticed a group of stray dogs waiting at the entrance of the hospital for César, as he takes care of them and feeds them.
- Dogs are too good for this world.
On Sunday, Cris Mamprim was working the night shift at Hospital Regional Alto Vale in Rio do Sul, Brazil, when a homeless man named César came in seeking treatment.
While César was getting treated for a preexisting condition, Mamprim noticed that a group of dogs had congregated outside the door, waiting for their friend to get released. And, as Mamprim noted on The Dodo, these dogs looked much better fed than your average stray animals.
César said he sometimes doesn’t eat and instead gives his food to his furry friends, Mamprim shared on Facebook. “A simple person, without luxury, who depends on help to overcome the hunger, the cold, the pain, the evils of the world, has by his side the best companions, and the exchange is reciprocal,” Mamprim wrote.
She added, “Seeing them like this, waiting at the door, just shows how well they are cared for and loved.”
These good dogs refused to leave until César was ready to join them – and before they did, the hospital staff allowed them inside for a meal with César.
Read the full post below, and maybe have the tissues ready.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- This stray was living on the streets before he was adopted by a police officer – now he’s overcoming stereotypes as one of the UK’s first pit bull police dogs
- A dog received a lifesaving kidney donation from one of her puppies
- This golden retriever was named ‘Dog of the Year’ after going viral for saving his owner from a snake bite
- 10 viral dog adoption stories that rocked the internet in 2018
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.