Electrical engineering majors make the most money immediately after graduating college, with an average starting salary of $US57,030, according to a recent study from Michigan State University.
The study comes from MSU’s College Employment Research Institute, and charts the average starting salaries for new college graduates in a variety of majors.
According to the MSU study, the average starting salary among all new college graduates is $US39,045. The lowest average starting salary — advertising — is $US36,638.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the MSU list is dominated by engineering majors. Check out the top 10 highest average starting salaries below:
- Electrical Engineering — $US57,030
- Computer Engineering — $US56,576
- Mechanical Engineering — $US56,055
- Software Design — $US54,183
- Computer Programming — $US54,065
- Chemical Engineering — $US53,622
- Computer Science — $US52,237
- Civil Engineering — $US51,622
- Mathematics — $US47,952
- Construction — $US45,591
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.