Very attractive demographics, and a site that’s extremely well-suited for commerce integration.
In a recent report from BI Intelligence, we looked at the demographic breakdowns of the major social networks, as well as each one’s unique characteristics. Pinterest has a high-income user base that’s very interested in using the site for shopping inspiration.
Here are some of the top statistics on Pinterest’s users:
- The scrapbooking social network skews especially toward higher-income consumers, and especially women.
- Over two out of five U.S. Internet users who are between the ages of 18 and 50 have used Pinterest.
- Pinterest is extremely popular among iPad users, meaning brands have a strong canvas to showcase their offerings. Pinterest users already account for 48.2% of all social media sharing on iPads.
- What exactly are they sharing? Well, food and drink-related content accounts for 18% of all items shared, the most of any category, according to the classification scheme devised by ShareThis.
- The best time to post on Pinterest is either between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. or 8 p.m. and 1 a.m., but you’ll want to avoid the late afternoon between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., when many suburban families are sitting down for dinner and watching the nightly news.
In full, the special report:
- Analyses gender, income, and age statistics for each social network
- Breaks down the best data for Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Includes 16 charts and datasets that provide an in-depth picture of demographics on each of the major social networks
- Discusses mobile activity on social media and its relative weight on each of the platforms
- Looks at daypart statistics to gauge how demographics drives daily activity peaks on each of the networks
- Examines how international the user bases of each social network have become
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.