Photo: Shutterstock / Carla Van Wagoner
With Comic-Con 2012 starting July 12, we can barely contain ourselves in anticipation for the four-day event.In the past, the event has featured a multitude of guest appearances (many of whom are Hollywood celebrities), exciting news about future television and movie projects, and of course, the showcasing of legendary comic books, anime, and collectible card games.
So what are we most excited for this year?
- The 10-year anniversary panel for Joss Whedon’s “Firefly” with guest appearances by Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion.
- Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” panel. We’ve got our fingers crossed that Robert Downey Jr. is one of the “special guests.”
- “Live the Apocalypse” at Petco Park. For the duration of the convention, this baseball field has been transformed into a zombie survival arena, where for a mere $75, you can test your survival skills by being chased around by “zombies.” If that doesn’t appeal, for $15 you can always watch.
- Speaking of zombies… A special guest appearance by Robert Kirkman, the writer and co-creator of “The Walking Dead.”
- Sony’s panel for “Elysium,” an upcoming sci-fi film starring Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and Wagner Moura. They’ll also be profiling “Total Recall,” Looper,” and “Resident Evil: Retribution.”
- And last but certainly not least, the Warner Brother’s panel on both Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” and Guillermo del Toro’s “Pacific Rim.” ComingSoon.net’s Edward Douglas dubs these two the “coolest movies of next summer.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.