Photo: Flickr/Albert Law
There’s a reason France has the second-highest birthrate in Europe. Besides subsidized daycare, childcare allowances, and stipends for in-home nannies, the government also sponsors vaginal-tightening courses.The postnatal workout sessions include a series of exercises designed to retrain and strengthen the birth canal muscles, which preps women to immediately start making babies again.
An American living in Paris, Claire Lundberg, shared her experience with the French system at Slate.
Here’s what a personal training session looks like:
- 10 to 20 re-education classes
- An interview with your doctor about the current state of your pelvic muscles
- Stripping bare followed by lots of probing and finger exercises
- electrical stimulation devices
- Video games designed to work your muscles
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.