Photo: Business Insider / Matthew Lynley
We finally know who owns how much of Rovio, the developer behind Angry Birds, thanks to a new post on ArcticStartup.Trema Holdings, the holding company of CEO Mikael Hed’s father Kaj Hed, owns a majority of the company (nearly 70 per cent), while investors Accel Partners and Atomico own 10 per cent each.
That suggests Rovio’s valuation at the time of the company’s last $42 million investment in March was around $210 million, according to the report. But its real valuation is probably better assessed from a recent buyout offer from Zynga that it rejected: $2.25 billion.
Using that valuation, here’s a full breakdown of the ownership of the company and what it’s worth:
- Kaj Hed / Trema International Holdings BV: 69.7%, or $1.57 billion
- Co-founder Niklas Hed: 4.3%, or $96.8 million
- CMO Peter Vesterbacka: 3.1%, or $69.8 million
- CEO Mikael Hed: 0.6%, or $13.5 million
- Employees: 1.3%, or $29.3 million
- Accel Partners: 10%, or $225 million
- Atomico Invest: 10%, or $225 million
- Felicis Ventures: 1%, or $22.5 million
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.