Photo: Kyle_B_Thomas via Flickr
It’s rental high season here in the city, which means that landlords have the upper hand. So, this week’s SurvivalList focuses on all things landlord, including 8 things no landlord will never tell you, how to impress small landlords, the ups and downs of renting from said landlords and a first-person account of a mum-and-pop landlord situation (that feels a bit too much like living with your actual mum and pop).
In order to ensure that you’re renting future is a bright one, you’ll want to stay off landlord blacklists.
If for whatever reason — including landlord poisonings — you need to leave your apartment, we offer guidelines for breaking up with your landlord (a.k.a. breaking your lease).
For these, and other landlord-related posts, click the links below.
- How to impress a small landlord
- 8 things a landlord will never tell you
- Ups and downs of renting from a small landlord
- How stay off the landlord blacklist
- Shushing a noisy landlord
- Living with a landlord who’s a lot like…mum and dad
- How to get your landlord to fix stuff
- How to break up with your landlord (break your lease)
- There are good landlords…and then there are those that poison you
- What if your tenant turns out to be a hoarder?
- Should you rent to a trustfund baby?
- Should you rent to a company?