New South Wales is being ravaged by fires, which started last Thursday and have claimed more than 200 homes and, so far, one life.
Volunteer and paid firefighters have made a lot of Australians proud, working tirelessly to save property and lives, and many other people have watched the flames in horror would like to help.
Here’s a list of the details for the various appeals:
- The Salvation Army Bushfire Relief Appeal, salvos.org.au or 13 72 58
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery, redcross.org.au or 1800 811 700
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW Bushfire Appeal, vinnies.org.au or 13 18 12
- Woolworths stores are accepting donations for the Salvos and will match donations
- Coles stores in the ACT and NSW are accepting donations for the Red Cross
You can also donate directly to your local Rural Fire Service brigade. The RFS — as a general policy — does not accept donations over the phone, though you can contact your local station to make a payment, which are tax-deductible.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.