Photo: BBC via WinRumors
Bloomberg has started ranking the richest people in the tech industry, and it’s going to adjust the rankings daily based on the movement of stock prices and other assets.Not surprisingly, Bill Gates is still number 1 by a large margin, with more than $61 billion. He lost about $800 million today, presumably because Microsoft shares dropped about 0.7%.
Two other Microsofties made the list: CEO Steve Ballmer and cofounder Paul Allen.
Here’s the full list:
- Bill Gates, Microsoft chairman, worth $61.3 billion
- Larry Ellison, Oracle CEO, $37.9 billion, – $385.7 million today
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, $21 billion, no change
- Larry Page, Google CEO, $18.7 billion, down $269.4 million today
- Sergey Brin, Google cofounder, $18.7 billion, down $291.2 million today
- Azim Premji, Wipro cofounder, $18.5 billion, down $217.8 million today
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO, $17.2 billion, up $73 million today
- Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, $15.3 billion, down 156.6 million today
- Michael Dell, Dell CEO, $14.9 billion, down 193 million today
- Paul Allen, Microsoft cofounder, $14.8 billion, down 47.2 million.
You can check back with Bloomberg every day at market close for the updated list.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.