Photo: Daniel Goodman / Business Insider
- The military makes soldiers stand up straight for a reason; there’s an implicit connection between posture and power that has been demonstrated time and time again. Want to increase confidence? Make yourself tougher? Impress others? Stand up straight.
- Clench your fists. Gestures should be palm down.
- Know how to speak with power. Deepen your voice. Speak first. Speak often. Repeat yourself. Interrupt people. Don’t laugh.
- Elevate yourself when standing. Sit in the centre during meetings. Dress appropriately. It makes a difference.
- People perceived as powerful break the rules.
Read more posts on Barking Up The Wrong Tree »
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.