Actually, 97.5% Of You Can't Multi-Task -- The Other 2.5% Are Freaks

Chat on the phone while driving and your driving skill drops 20%-30%, say researchers.  Unless you’re one of the 2.5% of people who are “super-taskers”, who can do everything at once.Are you one of the 2.5%?

Almost certainly not.  But presumably this is like day-trading, where 80% of people think they’re in the top 1% (as they have to be to actually make it worth doing).

Matt Richtel has more in the NYT >

NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos

Want to read a more in-depth view on the trends influencing Australian business and the global economy? BI / Research is designed to help executives and industry leaders understand the major challenges and opportunities for industry, technology, strategy and the economy in the future. Sign up for free at

Tagged In

sai-us technology