- Helena Bonham Carter said the secret to playing a royal lies within the upper lip.
- Bonham Carter told Stephen Colbert she had a voice coach to help with her portrayal of Princess Margaret in Netflix’s “The Crown,” after “The Late Show” host said a royal accent sounded very specific and different to other British accents.
- “There’s all sorts of different sounds in the sort of royal accent so basically you can’t move your upper lip,” Bonham Carter said.
- The actress also said during the interview that her uncle used to date the late Princess Margaret and how the royal herself once both criticised and complimented her acting skills during their first meet.
- Bonham Carter is playing Princess Margaret for seasons three and four of the award-winning show about the British royal family.
- Watch the full interview below.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.