Citigroup has had quite a run the last few days, from $3.50 on Friday to about $4.18.
So hedge fund managers, who made big bet on financials last quarter, are reaping the benefits right now.
Citi is making these guys even richer than they already are:
- Paulson upped his stake in Citigroup last quarter. Citigroup is now 8.47% of Paulson’s total holdings.
- Eric Mindich’s Eton Park had 4.5% of their fund invested in Citigroup.
- Soros had 3.5% of his fund invested in Citigroup.
- Citigroup was Dan Loeb’s Third Point’s second largest holding last quarter. Dan Loeb had 8.9% of his fund invested.
- David Tepper’s Appaloosa was 19.2% invested in Citigroup.
(Stats based on the fund’s 4th quarter 2009 13F reports.)
Look at this upward movement:
See the other big bets hedge funds are making right now.