- Harry Styles performed an intimate set in Brooklyn on Friday night for SiriusXM and Pandora.
- The performance was preceded by a sit-down interview for SiriusXM’s “The Morning Mash Up.” During the interview, Styles was asked which pop song he wishes he wrote, to which he answered Lizzo’s “Good as Hell.”
- He also said that while he doesn’t have any current plans to collaborate with the “Juice” singer, he’d certainly be open to it “if there was ever a time where it made sense.”
- Styles also performed songs from his newest album “Fine Line” as well as a rock-infused version of One Direction’s hit track “What Makes You Beautiful.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The singer performed an intimate set at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn on Friday night for SiriusXM and Pandora, which was accompanied by a sit-down interview for “The Morning Mash Up.”
During the interview, Styles was asked what recent pop song he wishes he had written was, to which he said, “Probably Lizzo. I’d say like… ‘Good as Hell’ maybe. I feel like she has this infectious positivity that I think is so important.”
He continued: “She’s so authentically herself and as a fan, I think that’s all you really want from people that you’re watching, listening to, for people to be themselves. It’s really powerful. She’s really inspiring.”
The two musicians have shown appreciation toward each other many times recently. It started when Styles covered Lizzo’s “Juice” for his BBC Live Lounge appearance in December 2019. Lizzo approved of the cover and later invited him onstage at one of her shows in Miami to perform the song together.
Lizzo then repaid the favour by covering the former One Direction member’s track “Adore You” for her own Live Lounge set last month. The pair also sat near each other at the BRIT Awards, where Lizzo downed Styles’ entire glass of tequila.
Styles was also asked if he would ever collaborate with Lizzo. “If something made sense, maybe. It’s funny because any time people like each other or perform together, I think everyone kind of thinks, ‘Oh, you guys should do a song together!'” he said.
When asked what’s wrong with people thinking that, Styles said, “No, it’s fine! But, I think it’s also fine for people to just like each other’s stuff. But yes, if there was ever a time when it made sense and we wanted to do it, absolutely. I think she’s great.”
Styles also performed five songs, including “Watermelon Sugar,” “Adore You,” and “Lights Up” from his sophomore album “Fine Line,” as well as “Kiwi” from his debut solo album.
Fans were also treated to a rock-infused rendition of One Direction’s massive hit song, “What Makes You Beautiful,” which Styles dubbed as “an oldie but a goodie.”
One Direction has been on an indefinite hiatus since 2016, and while they currently have no official plans to reunite, Styles has been hesitant to say it won’t ever happen.
“I love the band and would never rule out anything in the future. The band changed my life, gave me everything,” he told Rolling Stone in 2017.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.