- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex gave the world a first glimpse of their newborn baby on Wednesday.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry posed with their new son during a photocall inside Windsor Castle.
- The couple had already broken from tradition by opting out of the post-birth hospital photo shoot, instead waiting two days to introduce the little one.
- Now, they have found a new way to change up the traditional royal baby photos – by having Prince Harry hold the child.
- The baby boy – who is yet to be named – was born in the early hours of Monday morning.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more updates.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle introduced their new son for the first time during a photocall at Windsor Castle on Wednesday.
The couple broke from tradition by not posing for photos after the child’s birth on Monday.
Unlike Prince William and Kate Middleton, and Princess Diana before them, Harry and Markle decided to avoid the hospital photo-op and instead waited until two days after the birth to give the world a first glimpse.
However, royal fans may have noticed another big difference to Markle and Harry’s baby photos compared to those before them.
During Wednesday’s photocall, it was Harry, not Meghan who held the baby.
He held the little one as the couple emerged into George’s Hall at Windsor Castle, while they chatted with photographers, and as they left the area.
This is different to Middleton and William’s latest photo-op at the Lindo Wing, where Middleton emerged holding Prince Louis.
Although in previous photo calls the mother and father have taken turns holding the baby, Harry and Markle noticeably did not do this during their appearance.
Prince Harry was also the first to speak to the press following the birth. He gave an interview on Monday afternoon alone, telling the press “how any woman does that is beyond comprehension.”
It is unknown whether this was an intentional decision from the couple or not. Either way, it could definitely be a signal that Harry and Markle may take a more modern approach to parenting than royals before them.
Talking to the camera, Markle said: “It’s magic, it’s been pretty amazing. I have the two best guys in the world, so I’m pretty happy.”
“He has the sweetest temperament, he’s really calm,” she added, to which Harry jokingly replied: “Don’t know where he gets that from.”
Prince Harry even joked that despite being two days old, his son is already growing facial hair.
The baby was born at 5.26 a.m. on Monday. He weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces.
It has not yet been confirmed by the palace where the birth took place, although there have been reports that Markle was rushed to London’s Portland Hospital in the early hours of Monday morning.
The baby is yet to be officially named.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.