Photo: Flickr/Esther Dyson
Quick: Name the tech company with the toughest job-interview process.Did Google come to mind? Facebook?
Both of those companies made Glassdoor’s list of the 25 most difficult companies to interview at but they aren’t at the very top.
Among tech companies, the hardest job interview happens at Thoughtworks, a software-development consultant with 1,800 employees based in Chicago.
Candidates says that the interview process includes tests, a coding exercise plus another technical interview, and an ethics interview, all over the course of a week.
A sample interview question: “How can we get more women in to technology jobs?”
Consulting firms dominating the top five spots (McKinsey, Boston Consulting, etc.) But almost half the list was made up of tech companies.
Here are the top 10 toughest tech companies to get into:
2. Google (expect multiple interviews including an IQ test and random maths questions)
3. Unisys (expect multiple interviews with many people which could span a couple of weeks)
4. Rackspace (expect an especially difficult technical interview )
5. Cypress Semiconductor (expect up to four interviews to prove tech skills)
6. bazaarvoice (expect a difficult face-to-face interview like a personality quiz)
7. Juniper Networks (expect multiple rounds of interviews with the hiring team)
8. Sapient (expect multiple rounds of technical interviews including a written test)
9. Facebook (expect anything from a technical test to an on-the-spot request to design something)
10. Amazon (expect multiple interviews, some of them lasting all day)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.