- Los Angeles Angels closer Hansel Robles took a ridiculously long time to throw a fastball to Vladimir Guerrero Jr. on Tuesday night.
- Robles’ long leg kick messed with Vlad Jr.’s timing and helped secure the 3-1 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Guerrero was visibly frustrated at the plate.
- Watch the video below.
- Visit Business Insider’s home page for more stories.
Los Angeles Angels closer Hansel Robles turned to a new tactic on Tuesday night to mess with Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s timing on a fastball.
With the Toronto Blue Jays own by two runs, with no men on, in the ninth inning, Guerrero, one of baseball’s most powerful hitters, had the opportunity to make it a one-run game with a single swing, but Robles had other plans for the Jays rookie.
Robles began to deliver the pitch, but paused midway, using a ridiculous leg kick to make his delivery a whole lot longer.
Vlad Jr. fouled off the 100 mph fastball, but he wasn’t amused by Robles’ new move.
Hansel Robles was messing with Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s timing with perhaps the longest delivery ever for a 100 mph fastball.
Vladito wasn’t happy about it. pic.twitter.com/FhlYHXEeRr
— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) June 19, 2019
On his next pitch, Robles used a quicker delivery and even though Vlad Jr. got the bat on it, he flied out to right center to secure the Angels 3-1 victory.
- Read more:
- Top 12 baseball players of 2019
- Parents broke out in a violent brawl at a little league game over a call by a 13-year-old umpire
- The 2019 NBA free agent class is stacked and has the potential to alter the league – here are the best players available
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The biggest NBA Draft busts of all time
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.