You’re not imagining it, there are physiological and psychological reasons to explain why your hangovers are much worse than they used to be.
One big reason is that your body becomes less efficient at breaking down alcohol as you get older.
This leaves a chemical called acetaldehyde in the body longer and that’s what causes your nausea and headaches.
Watch the video to find out what other factors are making you feel bad after a night on the booze.
Produced by Leon Siciliano
More from Business Insider UK:
- Here are the most popular platforms for video game developers
- Business Insider is hiring a full-time personal finance reporter for its Your Money section
- A builder who’s been in the field for 14 years says the smartest choice you can make building a home has nothing to do with money or location
- Janet Yellen just made an unsettling admission about the economy
- These drawings show what it’s really like to have an eating disorder