This week, the New Yorker’s Evan Osnos heads to the former Portuguese trading outpost to see just how crazy things have gotten there.Steve Wynn’s double-hotel complex stands out in the piece as being particularly depraved
How insane is it?
- One of the Michelin-rated restaurants has an in-house poet that writes personal verses for every V.I.P.
- The same restaurant also has tiny white leather stools positioned next to tables just to place your handbag.
- There are separate in-house Chinese and Western wedding planners
- There’s a tree in the main atrium made entirely of 24-karat gold
- The hotel houses the largest jellyfish tank in the world
- The Louis Vuitton outlet is said to generate more sales than any other LV store worldwide
Click here to read the whole story (sub. req’d), or buy this week’s issue, on newsstands now.