- Halsey recently responded to people who had been commenting “G-Eazy” on her Instagram posts to taunt her.
- “I see y’all in the comments,” she wrote. “And I know you think you’re funny. Cause you’re at home on your iPhone and I’m not a real human being to you. I hope to God you never have to experience an abusive relationship. And if you do, I hope the world is kinder to you than you are to me.”
- Halsey and G-Eazy dated for over a year before splitting in 2018. She wrote her hit breakup song “Without Me” about him and has heavily implied that he cheated many times.
- G-Eazy is currently trending on Twitter because of videos that show him kissing and dancing with Megan Thee Stallion.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Early Monday morning, the “Clementine” singer commented on her own Instagram post to call out a slew of trolls who were writing her ex’s name.
“I see y’all in the comments,” she wrote. “And I know you think you’re funny. Cause you’re at home on your iPhone and I’m not a real human being to you.”
“I hope to God you never have to experience an abusive relationship. And if you do, I hope the world is kinder to you than you are to me,” she concluded, adding a heart emoji.
Just a few days ago, Halsey was forced to interrupt her own pre-Super Bowl performance in Miami to call out an attendee who kept shouting G-Eazy’s name.
“If you say G-Eazy one more f—ing time I will kick you out of this party,” she said in a now-viral video shared by a fan on Twitter. “I will kick your f—ing a– outside this party. Test me. F—ing test me. You wanna get out of the crowd?”
The singer went on to look for the person in the crowd and say: “You’re not going to disrespect me like that at my own f—ing show.”
The 25-year-old singer-songwriter and 30-year-old rapper dated for over a year before they split in July 2018. Although they briefly got back together, they officially ended their relationship in October of that year.
When she performed the song on “Saturday Night Live,” she plastered her backdrop with phrases that read like admissions of infidelity: “I’m so sorry Ashley, I cheated,” “in Minneapolis,” “at home in Los Angeles,” “in Austin,” “in New Orleans,” and “more places I can’t even remember.”
Although the two artists broke up more than a year ago, G-Eazy’s name started trending on Twitter recently, since it looks like he has a new girlfriend.
Videos of G-Eazy dancing with “Hot Girl Summer” rapper Megan Thee Stallion have been making the rounds online. He also posted a video of the two of them cuddling on his Instagram Story – although he was very recently dating the Dutch model Yasmin Wijnaldum, and it’s unclear when or if they broke up.
Halsey’s name also began trending on Twitter on Monday, with many people defending her and her reactions to his name.
to the insensitive bitches bringing up her exes all fucking day long
don't even stan halsey but no one deserves to be constantly reminded of their abusive relationships, mocked, belittled & slut shamed
she's a human before she is a celebrity leave her the fuck alone pic.twitter.com/0zOo9r9x3k
— ᴮᴱJ⁷❖???????? (@ATHENA_JJK) February 3, 2020
*kanye goes on stage and rudely disrespects taylor to praise another woman*
the media: deserved!
*halsey reacts to being harassed at her own concert by someone screaming her toxic ex’s name*
the media: so unprofessional, she’s mentally unstable, unhinged. it wasn’t that deep.
— RUBY ???? (@17MINUTESX) February 2, 2020
bro istg i wanna punch every single person who is mean to halsey. she has the purest heart and would never wish upon others what others are doing to her. y’all are disgusting, misogynistic and pathetic bullies pic.twitter.com/spHuof3FOf
— milena (@aureumhopeless) February 3, 2020
Some fans referenced Halsey’s lyrics from other songs that she apparently wrote about G-Eazy, including “Graveyard,” “You Should Be Sad,” and “Killing Boys.”
halsey literally said “you can’t fill the hole inside of you with money girls and cars” and WHAT IS HE DOING??? partying at clubs, humping women and riding overpriced cars like its an “asshole of the year” personality trait
— RUBY ???? (@17MINUTESX) February 2, 2020
you're not half the man you think that you are
— Halsey Updates (@HalseyInsiders) February 2, 2020
the way we all want to beat the shit out of a nearly 31 year old man child….. anyways stream killing boys by halsey pic.twitter.com/8rCID93ezR
— hannah ⚔️???? (@clementineskiwi) February 3, 2020
Others are simply dumbfounded that G-Eazy has managed to date so many talented and popular women (he dated Lana Del Rey before Halsey).
How the fuck does G Eazy do it???????? The man has NO SAUCE and has somehow ended up with Halsey, Lana and now Meg????? Make it make sense man
— meg (@fakeandbi) February 3, 2020
- Read more:
- Watch Halsey gush about boyfriend Evan Peters, mock her own song in a New Jersey accent, and draw Baby Yoda in 30 seconds
- 10 of the best and 10 of the worst Halsey songs of all time
- These are the main strengths a narcissist will try to target in you, and how you can protect yourself
- A relationship expert identified 5 warning signs of unhealthy love