- Gwyneth Paltrow told Variety that “Avengers: Endgame” will be her final Marvel film.
- “I mean, I’m a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point,” the actress, who plays Pepper Potts, said. “I feel very lucky that I did it, because I actually got talked into it. I was friends with [‘Iron Man’ director] Jon Favreau. It was such a wonderful experience making the first ‘Iron Man’ and then to watch how important it has become to the fans.”
- Paltrow added that she’s open to appearing in future MCU movies.
“I mean, I’m a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point,” Paltrow told Variety. “I feel very lucky that I did it, because I actually got talked into it. I was friends with [‘Iron Man’ director] Jon Favreau. It was such a wonderful experience making the first ‘Iron Man’ and then to watch how important it has become to the fans.”
The 46-year-old actress also told Variety that she wouldn’t mind appearing in future Marvel films in a lesser capacity.
“I feel honored to be a part of something that people are so passionate about,” she said. “Of course, if they said, ‘Can you come back for a day?’ I will always be there if they need me.”
It’s unclear if the suit Paltrow was referring to is the one that she donned in “Iron Man 3” or an entirely new one that fans haven’t seen on the big screen yet.
In the third “Iron Man” movie, Pepper was given one of Tony Stark’s suits to protect herself after attackers struck their home.
Fans last saw Paltrow’s character in “Avengers: Infinity War,” during a scene in which she ran through Central Park with Tony and discussed their future. The trailers for “Avengers: Endgame” don’t show Pepper, but Tony is seen stranded in space, running out of supplies, and recording a message for her.
It’s unclear what role Pepper Potts will play in “Endgame,” but for months, people have speculated that she will suit up as Rescue. In the comics, Pepper discovered the superhero suit in a secret room and used it under the alias Rescue. The theory was also fuelled after a leaked image from the set showed Paltrow wearing purple armour.
The actress hinted at the potential new outfit during an appearance on CBS’ “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” in January 2018.
At the time, Paltrow was asked if she’ll have superpowers in “Infinity War” or “Endgame.”
“It’s so secretive, and it’s all on green screen, and I’m not exactly sure. They don’t let me say anything,” Paltrow said.
The actress also confirmed that she did some CGI work and was required to wear a motion capture suit.
“Avengers: Endgame” hits theatres on Friday, April 26.
- Read more about “Avengers: Endgame”:
- 5 details you may have missed in the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Super Bowl teaser trailer
- A new ‘Avengers: Endgame’ teaser trailer just dropped during the Super Bowl and Captain America is not happy
- Disney has 10 movies coming out in 2019 – here they all are
- 13 questions we have after watching the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ trailer
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.