- Queen Elizabeth holds six Guinness World Records.
- She is the world’s longest-reigning queen and longest-reigning living monarch.
- The Queen appears on the currencies of 35 countries, holding the record for most currencies featuring the same individual.
- Her estimated wealth of $US504 million in 2012 established her as the world’s wealthiest queen.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
At 94 years old and with 68 years on the British throne (67 years since her televised coronation in 1953), Queen Elizabeth has led an extraordinary life. So extraordinary, in fact, that she has broken multiple Guinness World Records.
Here are six world records the Queen holds among her many accolades.
Queen Elizabeth holds the Guinness World Record for the oldest British queen.
Queen Elizabeth turned 94 in April. Her great-great grandmother, Queen Victoria, previously held the record at age 81.
In fact, she’s the oldest current monarch in the world.
The previous record holder, King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia, died on January 23, 2015 at the age of 90.
Queen Elizabeth is also the world’s longest-reigning queen.
Queen Elizabeth inherited the British throne on February 6, 1952, after the death of her father, King George VI. As of her 94th birthday on April 21, 2020, she has reigned for 68 years and 75 days.
She is also the longest-reigning living monarch.
The record had previously been held by King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, who died after a 70-year reign on October 13, 2016.
The Queen also holds the record for most currencies featuring the same individual.
Queen Elizabeth appears on the currencies of over 35 countries, overtaking Queen Victoria (21 countries) and King George V (19 countries).
She has plenty of money of her own and holds the record of the world’s wealthiest queen.
The queen’s total wealth, which includes fine art, jewellery, and English estates, added up to around $US504 million in 2012, The Sunday Times reported.
- Read more:
- Meet Queen Elizabeth’s 8 great-grandchildren – half of whom are commoners
- I tried a chocolate cupcake recipe from Queen Elizabeth’s pastry chefs and it resulted in a royal baking fail
- THEN AND NOW: What 8 royals looked like in their 20s
- 22 adorable photos that show how Queen Elizabeth II is just a regular grandma