- The Fresh Market will begin selling Amanti Guacamole Cheese at each of its 161 locations.
- The gouda-style cheese, which is pale green in appearance, combines avocado and lime juice with a touch of chilli, tomato, onion, and garlic.
- The guacamole-flavored cheese will become available starting Wednesday, May 1.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
It’s nearly Cinco de Mayo, which means it’s time to break out the margaritas, whip up some tacos, and enjoy some nachos.
This year, one supermarket is simplifying the preparation process for your Cinco de Mayo party by combining two holiday staples into one unique treat: guacamole cheese.
Starting Wednesday, May 1, The Fresh Market will begin selling Amanti Guacamole Cheese at each of its 161 locations. The gouda-style cheese, which is pale green in appearance, combines avocado and lime juice with a touch of chilli, tomato, onion, and garlic.
The unorthodox product incorporates all of the flavours of a classic guacamole dip into a solid block of cheese and can be shredded over nachos, melted into queso, or enjoyed on its own in chunks.
Amanti Guacamole Cheese sells for $US24.99 per pound at The Fresh Market and can either be purchased in a full wheel or wedges by the pound.
- Read more:
- 10 ways Cinco de Mayo is celebrated differently in the US and Mexico
- 9 tips for making delicious guacamole, according to chefs
- Why it’s ok to eat the brown part of an avocado
- Totchos are nachos made with tater tots and tons of cheese – here’s how to make them at home
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.