The GroupMe team has announced the newest release of its app, and it’s full of cool updates. Here’s what users have to look forward to on top of its regular group texting functionality:
- The user interface is flashier and cleaned up.
- A “Questions” product that lets you pose a question to all members of a group or just a few — much more info on Questions is available here.
- You can send direct messages to single members of a group, which was previously not an option.
- A web interface — the full capabilities of the app have been ported to a mobile-friendly website for users whose phones don’t support the app.
- New privacy options let you conceal your phone number from the group if you want.
- The app’s going international with full support around the world on iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone 7.
We’ll take the app for a spin later and give you our full review. In the meantime, you can upgrade the app for free.