A gospel singer from Brooklyn is suing McDonald’s because she claims that a glass shard she ingested from a chicken sandwich ruined her singing voice.
The woman, Jacqueline Simpson, says that she bit into the sandwich at a Manhattan McDonald’s in 2010, and immediately noticed a difference in her voice, reports Josh Saul at The New York Post.
The piece of glass was “bigger than a penny,” according to The Post.
Now when I sing, I have a hoarse, rattly voice,” Simpson told the newspaper. “I still sing alto, but I can’t sing soprano like I used to.”
She also said that she’s often mistaken for a man during phone calls.
She filed suit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, according to the Post.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.