- Google unveiled the new Pixelbook Go at its annual hardware event on Tuesday.
- The 13-inch device is 13 mm thin, weighs two pounds, and will have a 12-hour battery life, according to Google.
- The Pixelbook Go will start at $US650 and come in two colours: “just black” and “not pink.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s official – Google’s latest laptop is called the Pixelbook Go.
The device wasn’t exactly a secret. If you saw 9to5Google’s hands-on video with a leaked Pixelbook Go prototype, the new Chromebook from Google shouldn’t be much of a surprise.
Still, official details are best, and Google announced its new Pixelbook Go Chromebook during its event in NYC on Tuesday.
The Pixelbook Go is a 13-inch Chromebook that’s 13mm thin, weighs two pounds, and is housed in a magnesium outer shell. Google says the laptop has a 12-hour battery life.
It will be available in two colours, including “just black” and “not pink,” and it starts at $US650. Google will start taking pre-orders on Tuesday, but it’s not yet clear when the laptop will begin shipping.
- Read more of Business Insider’s Google event coverage here:
- Google just revealed the Pixel 4, new Pixel Buds, and more at its biggest event of the year
- Google just announced its new flagship phone, the $US799 Pixel 4
- Google unveiled a new version of its $US49 smart speaker named the Nest Mini
- Google just announced a $US270 Nest WiFi system that doubles as a smart speaker
- Google gave a sneak peek at a revamped version of its wireless earbuds, which will cost $US180 when they launch next year
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.