Google announced a brand new smartphone called Pixel.
Here are its specs and features:
– Aluminium and glass body in three colour options, including black, silver, and blue.
– 5-inch and 5.5-inch AMOLED displays.
– Android 7.0 Nougat.
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.
– 4GB RAM.
– Fingerprint sensor.
– 12.3 megapixel rear-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
– Advanced video stabilisation for smooth 4K video.
– Free unlimited storage for photos and videos at original quality with Google Photos.
– Quick charging with USB-C; up to seven hours of power with 15 minutes of charging.
– 32GB/128GB internal storage.
– Headphone jack.
– It comes with Google Assistant built in, which lets you get contextual information from Google searches by using your voice or text, and can perform tasks like making restaurant reservations.
– Google’s video calling app Duo is also pre-installed.
– Supports Google’s new Daydream VR platform to use with the new Daydream View VR headset.
– $649 base price ($27 per month financing).
– Available to buy from Verizon or unlocked from the Google store.
– Pre-orders start October 4 for US, Australia, Canada, Germany, and UK. October 13 for India.
Check out some more pictures of the new Pixel smartphones:
You'll have the choice of two screen sizes: 5-inch and 5.5 inches. The new Pixels use sharp and vibrant AMOLED displays.
Google claims the Pixel's 12.3 megapixel camera is the best on any smartphone, achieving a score of 89 from photography site DXOmark. That's a better score than the iPhone 7 (86), but the scoring didn't include the Samsung Galaxy S7's camera, which is widely accepted as the best smartphones camera out there.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.