Agonising over a difficult decision? Can’t get your team to agree?
Google’s got your back.
Hidden in the search engine is a neat Easter egg that lets you flip a virtual coin — perfect for settling disputes or choosing between two options.
It’s dead simple: Just search for “flip a coin,” “coin flip,” or something else along those lines.
Google will return the search results as normal — but insert a randomised coin-flip answer at the top.
Just like this:
Aaaaand that’s really all there is to it. It ain’t complex.
There’s another variant, if you’re looking for a little more choice: A dice roll. Just search for “roll a die” and Google will shoot a random number between one and six back at you.
Lastly, Google can give you a random number between any given range. Enter “random number” in the search field, enter in the desired values in the box, and you’re good to go.
These are minor features — but they’re pretty handy, and you never know when you might need them. They work on both desktop and mobile too.
More from Business Insider UK:
- The 10 most important things in the world right now
- Why there is French on a British passport
- Fintech investor: ‘Anything that has machine learning or blockchain in it, the valuation goes up, 2, 3, 4, 5x’
- The Tories lead Labour by a massive 21% in a new poll
- The gig economy has created a strange new problem in Britain’s labour market
Get the latest Google stock price here.
NOW WATCH: People on Twitter are roasting United Airlines after a passenger was forcibly dragged off a plane
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.