- The photographer Daniel Celan uses Google Earth and photo-editing software like Snapseed to create stunning images of destinations around the world.
- The images, which he posts on his Instagram page, have recently gone viral for the way they make places look “more dramatic or eerie.”
- “Since I can’t travel that much due to work, this is my ‘escape’ that turned into a hobby,” Celan told Insider.
- He added that he hoped to promote lesser-known places to his audience: “Maybe it will bring them a tourist or two – so that thought makes me happy.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Daniel Celan has taken photos from all over the world – and he’s never even had to leave home.
“I’m a photographer and musician, always been interested in expressing myself through projects,” he told Insider.
“Mostly I go exploring rural places, rarely big cities. Since I can’t travel that much due to work, this is my ‘escape’ that turned into a hobby.”
From the skyscrapers of Hong Kong to the deserts of Saudi Arabia, the Antarctic coast, and even lesser-known places like the African nation of Eritrea, Celan – who works at a marketing agency – publishes his work on his Instagram page, G.earth.photographer.
“My plan is to keep bringing interesting and quality uploads that will put a thought in your head: ‘I really wanna travel there!'” he said.
“I also tag every place I visit on Google Earth, so you know where it’s taken. I feel that’s some kind of promotion to unknown places I try to find. Maybe it will bring them a tourist or two – so that thought makes me happy.”
Scroll down to check out some of Celan’s best images.
St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague.
Pago Pago International Airport in American Samoa.
Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Paris.
Sedanau Island, Indonesia.
Xigu Island, China.
Dyablya in Sakha County, Russia.
Arzanah Island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Açude Castanhão, State of Ceará, Brazil.
Williams Lake in British Columbia, Canada.
Orleans City Bridge in France.
Lake Bindegolly in Australia.
Russkiy, Primorskiy Kray, Russia.
The Northwestern Passages in Canada.
Apatity, Murmansk County, Russia.
Part of the Tiergarten in Berlin.
Fredericia Vold, City Fredericia, Denmark.
Kavir National Park, Iran.
Adarte in Eritrea.
Al Huwaydi in Saudi Arabia.
Al Rahman Mosque in Baghdad.
Irtysh River, Kazakhstan.
Boeng, Chon Buri, Thailand.
Hamilton Island, Australia.
Fields in Middenmeer, Netherlands.
Yantai, Shandong, China.
S’Espalmador, Balearic Islands, Spain.