- Google has introduced new URLs that can open up blank Google Docs with the click of a button.
- To try it out, simply point your browser to doc.new or other Google URLs.
- Here’s an incomplete list of these new URLs, along with a way to take the shortcut to the next level.
Last month, Google rolled out a new time-saving shortcut for anyone who spends a lot of time in Google Docs.
To open a new, blank document – or spreadsheet, or presentation – all you have to do is go to one of Google’s handy new URLs.
So if you want to start a new document, you just have to type “doc.new” into your browser.
Introducing a ✨ .new ✨ time-saving trick for users. Type any of these .new domains to instantly create Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites or Forms ↓ pic.twitter.com/erMTHOsdyH
— Google Docs (@googledocs) October 25, 2018
Here’s an incomplete list of the new shortcuts:
- http://doc.new – opens new Google document
- http://sheets.new – opens new Google Sheets spreadsheet
- http://deck.new– opens new Google presentation
- http://site.new– creates new Google sites website
- http://form.new– creates new Google form
This might seem like a minor new shortcut, but a lot of people are pumped.
just learned about typing https://t.co/BPxev0k1uj into the address bar and this is a game changer
— merritt k (@merrittk) October 26, 2018
— Michael Harrington (@m_harrington88) October 27, 2018
Hi hello, going to https://t.co/nZq1Gv1l7c or https://t.co/Clm2oCOhUO directly opens a ****brand-new blank google doc****, this is exploding my brain right now, I am so excited to share it with anyone who doesn't already know
— Helen Rosner (@hels) November 6, 2018
My productivity just went up 1000%.https://t.co/m2OPOSnMbG
— Nick Summers (@nisummers) October 26, 2018
If you want to take this shortcut to the next level, you can create bookmarks for these new sites in your bookmarks bar.
In Chrome, simply go to Bookmarks > Bookmarks Manager > Add new bookmark.
Then create a bookmark with these URLs and whatever you might want to call the shortcut, like this:
Then you can put the shortcuts in your Bookmarks Bar for easy access, like this:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.