Goldman Sachs tweeted this photo of CEO Lloyd Blankfein and retired former partners discussing the history and future of the 145-year-old investment banks.
Rob Kaplan (far right) was the moderator. That’s Lloyd Blankfein next to him. The other Goldman alums on the panel (from right to left) include:
- Jon Corzine: Corzine served as the CEO of Goldman from 1994 until 1999. He later served as a U.S. Senator for New Jersey from 2001 until 2006 and then later as New Jersey’s governor from 2006 until 2010. (We haven’t heard much about Corzine lately after broker-dealer MF Global collapsed in 2011 following a bet on European sovereign bonds that soured. He would have been right, but the timing was way off.)
- Robert Rubin: He was the chairman/CEO of Goldman from 1990 until 1992. He served as the Treasury Secretary from 1995 until 1999 during the Clinton administration.
- John Whitehead: He served as Co-Chairman of Goldman from 1976 until 1985. He served as the U.S. Deputy Secretary of State from 1985 until 1989 during the Reagan administration.
- Stephen Friedman: He was chairman and CEO of Goldman from 1992 until 1994. He served as the Director of the National Economic Council from 2002 to 2005.
- Hank Paulson: He was the chairman and CEO of Goldman from 1999 until 2006. He then served as Treasury Secretary from 2006 until 2009.
Talk about a blast from the past!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.