Customers are ripping apart a Golden Corral after 167 fell ill with food poisoning. The just-opened Casper, Wyoming branch of the buffet is shutting down for 24 hours to sanitize the restaurant after the health department reported record occurrences of food poisoning, K2 radio station reported.
Some of the diners wrote about the experience on the review website Yelp.
“The floors were so dirty,” one reviewer griped, while another complained of the “raw, undercooked meatloaf and chicken.”
One of the best reviews was by a local named David M.:
“This was the worst experience I’ve had in Casper. The Bourbon Chicken gave me traveller’s dysentery, and I willingly eat street vendor food in Peru, Mexico and Nicaragua and have never gotten this sick. The point is, I know world class bad food and this is in the top two or three in the world!
The steaks looked OK, but I never got there.
The Chinese was aged, the Italian looked Chef Boyardee-like, and getting ill on first dish was my only saving grace.
I can’t imagine the crew training they get there….maybe it was everyone’s first night.
So say grace and ask forgiveness before you go…”
The restaurant is scheduled to re-open tomorrow after it cleans things up a bit.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.